Friday, January 20, 2012

Finished Thursday Three Projects

I challenged myself yesterday to create three projects using three products on each one.  My items were:  masking tape, Stampin' Up! Classic Reinkers & First Edition Designer Series Paper.  I decided to create my own designer tape to use on a card and in my Art Journal.  My goal when I woke up was to watercolor over masking tape on a canvas, so that was my third project.  Here are the finished projects!
I wasn't thrilled with this card at first, so I added some clear Dazzling Details Glitter Glue to look like icing.  THEN I realized I forgot to add the First Edition DSP... what to do... I decided to cut a tiny strip off the top and cut it down to the length of each piece of tape.  NOW it looks like a birthday cake!  I drew a cherry stem with a Wild Wasabi marker and added a couple Basic Rhinestones and was done!  I'm actually pretty pleased with the outcome. 

Well... this didn't turn out as cool as I had envisioned, but I still like it.  I stamped one of the flowers from the Mixed Bunch Stamp Set in our new Occasions Mini on the painted tape with Jet Black Stazon Ink.  Then I cut pieces in half lengthwise and stuck them on the pages randomly.  I decided to do some doodling and then came up with my saying, "Doodling is Your Mind's Way of Journaling."  I will continue to add some more doodling when inspiration strikes.  ;)

My canvas turned out Really cool!  I used a paintbrush to get the whole canvas wet and then added drops of the reinkers.  I used the same colors that I used on the tape, plus Real Red and So Saffron.  I sprayed more water on top, carefully spread each color across the canvas to help spread it out.  Then I sprayed it again and tipped the canvas back and forth to blend the colors a little.  I used a hair dryer on low to help speed up the drying process.  When it was dry, I outlined the tape with a black journaler, stamped some background images from the Baroque Motifs Stamp Set in Stazon, and wrote the words "I" and "ART."  I finally took the tape off and it worked!  Most of the canvas behind the tape stayed dry!  I punched out some hearts from the DSP and added some Real Red reinker and water to dye them.  After they were dry, I added them to the canvas.  DONE!
I hope you enjoyed these projects and got at least one good idea from all of this!  :) 

Happy Stamping!


  1. This is a great idea! I really like how the cake card turned out and Love the Love canvas.

  2. What a great collection of projects Tammi! Love the canvas!